Married name is Smith, maiden name is Lindsey
(1) Budowle B, Schutzer SE, Einseln A, Kelley LC, Walsh AC, Smith JA, Marrone BL, Robertson J, Campos J. Public health. Building microbial forensics as a response to bioterrorism. Science 2003; 301:1852-1853.
(2) Budowle B, Lindsey JA, DeCou JA, Koons BW, Giusti AM, Comey CT. Validation and population studies of the loci LDLR, GYPA, HBGG, D7S8, and Gc (PM loci), and HLA-DQ alpha using a multiplex amplification and typing procedure. J Forensic Sci 1995;40:45-54.
(3) Comey CT, Budowle B, Adams DE, Baumstark AL, Lindsey JA, Presley LA, PCR amplification and typing of the HLA DQ alpha gene in forensic samples. J Forensic Sci 1993:38:239-49.
(4) Zhang H, Downs EC, Lindsey JA, Davis WB, Whisler RL, Cornwell DG. Interactions between the monocyte/macrophage and the vascular smooth muscle cell. Stimulation of mitogenesis by a soluble factor and of prostanoid synthesis by cell-cell contact. Arterioscler Thromb 1993;13:220-30.
(5) Lindsey JA, Zhang HF, Kaseki H, Morisaki N, Sato T, Cornwell DG. Fatty acid metabolism and cell proliferation. VII. Antioxidant effects of tocopherols and their quinones. Lipids 1985;20:151-7
(6) Whisler RL, Lindsey JA, Proctor KV, Newhouse YG, Cornwell DG. The impaired ability of human monocytes to stimulate autologous and allogeneic mixed lymphocyte reactions after exposure to cyclosporine. Associated alterations of HLA-DR expression and physical characteristics of monocytes. Transplantation 1985;40:57-61.
(7) Morisaki N, Lindsey JA, Stitts JM, Zhang H, Cornwell DG. Fatty acid metabolism and cell proliferation. V. Evaluation of pathways for the generation of lipid peroxides. Lipids 1984;19:381-94.
(8) Whisler RL, Lindsey JA, Proctor KV, Morisaki N, Cornwell DG. Characteristics of cyclosporine induction of increased prostaglandin levels from human peripheral blood monocytes. Transplantation 1984;38:377-81.
(9) Lindsey JA, Morisaki N, Stitts JM, Zager RA, Cornwell DG. Fatty acid metabolism and cell proliferation: IV. Effect of prostanoid biosynthesis from endogenous fatty acid release with cyclosporin-A. Lipids 1984;18:566-9.
(10) Morisaki N, Lindsey JA, Milo GE, Cornwell DG. Fatty acid metabolism and cell proliferation. III. Effect of prostaglandin biosynthesis either from exogenous fatty acid or endogenous fatty acid release with hydralazine. Lipids 1983;18:349-52.
Books, Monographs and Chapters
Schutzer SE, Budowle B, Smith JAL, Morse SA, Keim P. Microbial Forensics: Course. American Society of Microbiology Press and Elsevier( in prep) 2011.
Implementation Plan for the National Research and Development Strategy for Microbial ForensicsNational Technology Council, Executive Office of the President, 2010
Smith JAL Assessment of the Threat . In Budowle B, Schutzer SE, Breeze R, Keim P, Morse SA Eds. Microbial Forensics, Edition 2, Academic Press. San Diego 2010
Smith JAL Collection and Preservation of Microbial Forensic Samples. In Budowle B, Schutzer SE, Breeze R, Keim P, Morse SA Eds. Microbial Forensics, Edition 2, Academic Press. San Diego 2010
National Research and Development Strategy for Microbial Forensic, National Technology Council, Executive office of the President, 2009
Budowle B, Schutzer SE, Einseln A., Kelley LC, Walsh AC, Smith JAL, Marrone BL, Robertson J, Campos J. Quality Assurance Guidelines for Laboratories Performing Microbial Forensic Work. FBI Scientific Working Group on Microbial Genetics and Forensics (SWGMGF) 2003
DNA Typing Protocols: Molecular Biology and Forensic Analysis. B. Budowle, J. Smith, T. Moretti, and J. DiZinno, (A Bio Techniques- Books Publication, Eaton Publishing, 2000).
National DNA Standards Audit Document, 2000
Cornwell DG, Lindsey JA, Zhang H and Morisaki N. Fatty Acid Metabolism and Cell Proliferation. VI. Properties of Antithrombotic Agents that Influence Metastasis. In Icosanoids and Cancer, (H. Thaler-Dao, A Crastes de Paulet and R. Paoletti, eds.) Raven Press. New York, pp. 205-222. 1984.